[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60582: Let WordPress multisite network setup be aware of Nginx Unit as a hosting environment

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 20 15:38:43 UTC 2024

#60582: Let WordPress multisite network setup be aware of Nginx Unit as a hosting
environment
----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  javorszky       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature         |      Status:  new
  request                   |
  needs-patch               |
----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * keywords:  needs-docs => needs-docs needs-patch
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 > I already have a proof of concept locally with the required code
 changes.

 Updating the `$is_nginx` detection in `wp-includes/vars.php` sounds
 reasonable. I assume that's what your code change does? If so, feel free
 to submit a PR against https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/ to
 reason about.

 > PR to the WordPress docker library adding Unit

 Just for the record, that project is not maintained by the WordPress
 project, but by the Docker community.

 For help with Multisite testing, #core-multisite on Slack would be a good
 starting point.

 Once things are working, #docs is a good starting point for documentation.
 See also https://make.wordpress.org/docs/handbook/.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60582#comment:1>