[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60582: Let WordPress multisite network setup be aware of Nginx Unit as a hosting environment

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 20 15:57:07 UTC 2024

#60582: Let WordPress multisite network setup be aware of Nginx Unit as a hosting
environment
----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  javorszky       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature         |      Status:  new
  request                   |
  needs-patch               |
----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment (by javorszky):

 Created a PR in the github mirror per the docs on the ticket, which was
 auto-closed and not linked to here. It's
 https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/pull/692, it has the code chnages.

 > Updating the $is_nginx detection in wp-includes/vars.php sounds
 reasonable. I assume that's what your code change does?

 I have to add a new global variable. NGINX and NGINX Unit are configured
 differently, which also means the existing NGINX page also can't be reused
 for Unit. This is also the reason we need to validate that multisite works
 correctly.

 Thank you for the pointers to the docs and multisite channels, as well as
 the info about the docker images.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60582#comment:2>