[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 19 18:01:44 UTC 2023

#58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database
request
 Reporter:  flixos90                             |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by flixos90):

 I'm onboard with the `prime_options_cache()` name (or
 `prime_option_caches()`), but I strongly object to prefixing the function
 with an underscore, which is a clear indicator of private functions, which
 this function is not and was never intended to be.

 The existing functions to prime caches started as private functions, and I
 would argue even today they are primarily used by WordPress core. That is
 different with the functions here which are primarily introduced for
 plugins to make sure of them.

 Prefixing a public function just for consistency sake with existing
 private functions which ''may'' now be considered public is taking the
 point of consistency too far IMO.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58962#comment:19>