[wp-hackers] removing/modifyiing various taxonomy bases

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:19:52 UTC 2012

q1>
   Is it possible to remove the AUTHOR base so that what's
site.com/author/admin?

q2>
   Is it possible change it to postedBy so that the urls is
site.com/postedBy/joe
   As far as I see, the word "Author" here has NOTHING to do with the
user role author.
   All it is is actually "posted by".
   And I think "posted by" is way better than the word "author" because ..
   in English the word "Author" implies some written work involved, whereas ...
   posted by does not.

q3>
   And finally, is it possible to remove a custom taxonomy base from the url
   so that a url like;
   site.com/people/joe can become;
   site.com/joe