[wp-hackers] Install without posts etc (SWORD Studios)

taylor young taylor.d.young at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:28:58 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurkin for months, it's time to contribute!

Installing WordPress without posts... that makes me think that the default
theme needs changed, or a plugin needs activated sometime during the
installation. I have no idea if that is possible, but it smells like
modifying core.

What I do, is add this to the theme functions file:

//Trash the sample page and sample post
 wp_delete_post(1);
wp_delete_post(2);

It works, because the default post and page are always #ID 1 and 2.

Here's a paste example from the functions.php of a multisite theme that
sets itself up with default pages.
http://pastebin.com/7yJ1KBEH

The pages are still created, but that will automatically delete them, and
let you make the pages you want to. (Even set the page template!)

-Taylor