[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Tue Oct 2 09:48:56 GMT 2007

>> Also, I think that would be an extra motivation for plugin devs to get
>> their plugin hosted on wp.org if it's clearly shown that their plugin
is
>> not pinged, rather than this "could be up to date" lack of notice.
>>
>So you think it's okay to discriminate plugins that are not hosted in
>wp.org to "motivate authors".

Oô ...
If you think motivating people equals discriminating others, well, sure.
Like, motivate 100, it discriminates 1000 ? How... interesting :)

> Here are a few reasons why I wont host FireStats on wp.org:
Cool.

>I think it's appropriate to allow creating Plugin pages without hosting
>the plugins.
>Ideally it will also be possibly to update the information via some
>protocol (XMLRPC?), to allow easy integration with other repositories.

I think it's appropriate, too : my 10+ plugins are hosted on my own site.
I just don't see why hosting one's plugin should be mutually exclusive
with putting them on wp.org to use the update system. I do both.