[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Mattias Winther mattias at winthernet.se
Tue Feb 7 08:27:54 GMT 2006

This might have been discussed before, but another idea would be to allow for a more automatic installation process for the plugins in the central repository. Just switch to the extension browser, search for it, and click "install". The server downloads, places the files where they should be, and turns it on. Viola!

Typo3 at typo3.com uses that approach, and it is really nice to not have to download to desktop, upload to server and so forth... But maybe the Wordpress situation is different? If combined with the version checks,
I imagine that would reduce the amount of support requests saying "Why can't I install plug-in X?". Then again, I'm new here, and I don't really know which support forum questions are the real common ones.

Life,

/MW