[wp-hackers] A thought about wp-rss2.php

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Jul 1 12:53:12 GMT 2005

Luc Saint-Elie wrote:
> RSS stuff is so complicated  and so badly handled by all blogging
> package that new services are poping up like feedburner whose only
> purpose is to handle for you the RSS stuff.. strange situation..

It seems like what you are looking for is a class that can manage and
output feeds, something like what can be found at:
http://www.bitfolge.de/rsscreator-en.html

The key being, if I take your point correctly, that the output produced
is always valid because you don't tweak the content directly, but from
an object instead.

I don't have any experience with the class I mentioned, but it doesn't
seem like a bad idea.  Assuming it allows for the custom tags that
WordPress already outputs, and can be made to support the 1.6 plugin
modifications to feeds, I don't see why this wouldn't be an improvement
to the feed output WP already generates.

Didn't we have this discussion before?  Somewhat:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wordpress.devel/75

Owen