[wp-forums] Who can offer what

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sun Mar 19 13:44:13 GMT 2006

This is going to be discussed at some point, so why not now.

I do not see any problem with forum mavens or mods offering services
which may cost. That means that if a mod wants to offer their services
to write a plugin, or to create a theme or for me to offer hosting I do
not see anything wrong in that.
My reasoning is:
- that we would err on the side of caution anyway
- that we have a 'reputation' to uphold
- that I can't see why not
There will be accusations of something from someone when this does
happen but I genuinely cannot see a conflict given how the forums are
managed.

If someone posts with a clear "I want to pay money for this" then I
think excluding mavens / mods from that work is actually a bad thing.

P.