[wp-forums] Services forum

spencerp psgif180 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 04:24:53 GMT 2006

>Michael B wrote:
>That couldn't be further from the truth spencer.  everyone >who uses/volunteers in the forums should have a voice in >what goes on in the forum.  I certainly don't think my >opinion carries any more weight than the next.

Thanks for your reply Micheal.. =) I just wasn't sure if my emails were going through, or certain people(s) were blocking my email or just avoiding them.. =(  But either way, it's nice to know that "someone" replies every so often. =/

I know other "well liked" regular forum members/"friends" of the mods and what not, replied and so forth, but I was just trying to keep my mouth shut on it, because it seemed to be more of a moderator type of discussion. And felt that my "status" as "not so liked" regular forum user, wouldn't rock the vote(s) anyways.. =/

Like I said before, I'd just go for it and keep that "stuff" in a forum for just that, "stuff". Like Melanie and the others said, rule it with an Iron Fist and may the punishments be swift and harsh.

Money does usually turn "humans" ugly.. It's about the: MONEY, MONEY, ME NEED MO MONEY, and not what the USER really needs, or is getting what they want, or paid for, sometimes. However, like some also said about that,.. too, that maybe it would also help those, actually appreciate the "free" help eventually as well.

I'm all for the "free" help type community rather then, the paid stuff. I remember a few years ago, that was ALOT more "free" help type forums, sites and what not, but over just the past few years, with things going up the wall on prices, everything is about the $ Bills..and the friendly user communities just seem lost..

I'm still all for getting the Support Forums straightened out, before dealing with the Paid Crap stuff.. I know I'm not the best at helping necessarily...but still. It does get tiresome to answer and see...the "basic" repeated questions over and over again..though.

Again, an example post to put in the Problems and Fixes forums, is my thread on the 1px header/footer shift for the default 1.5 theme..
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/61234?replies=3

User could browse that forum and find it quickly and go, YES! It's fixed!! Don't have to browse and dig up year old threads, month old threads and what not.. This could also go for any other threads that mods and users Bookmark for reference purposes.. Then keep those threads and replies within that forum "specifically". Again, just wasting my breath lol..haha..damn. =/

spencerp