[wp-forums] Services forum

Vicki Frei vkaryl at localnet.com
Sat Mar 18 01:32:36 GMT 2006

Michael B wrote:
> That's not donationware, which he's trying to pass it off as.  At leaset
> he's up front about it in the post.

Yeah, that's a whole other thing.

> Vicki, I think you misunderstand the wp-pro mailing list.  That list is for
> users looking for designers. programers.  For a pay service to post to that
> list would be like McDonalds advertising to Burger King.

I thought it was two-way.  Sorry.... haven't ever used it myself, I don't do wp
anything for money....

> What ever the case may be, it's obvious SOMETHING has to  be done.  And
> unless an iron fist rule is to be choosen, I think Podz's idea of an upfront
> services forum is best.  Clear it out of the real help threads, and let it
> see what happens.  We can still police it, but at least it will be out of
> the general population.

We'll just have to be seriously religious about it.  SERIOUSLY.... if we land on
it big-time for a month, it will probably go on cool-ish after that, with only
the odd problem thereafter.