[wp-forums] Services forum

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 01:39:21 GMT 2006

On 3/17/06, Vicki Frei <vkaryl at localnet.com> wrote:

> Michael B wrote:
>
> > Vicki, I think you misunderstand the wp-pro mailing list.  That list is
> for
> > users looking for designers. programers.  For a pay service to post to
> that
> > list would be like McDonalds advertising to Burger King.
> >

> > What ever the case may be, it's obvious SOMETHING has to  be done.  And
> > unless an iron fist rule is to be choosen, I think Podz's idea of an
> upfront
> > services forum is best.  Clear it out of the real help threads, and let
> it
> > see what happens.  We can still police it, but at least it will be out
> of
> > the general population.
> >

> We'll just have to be seriously religious about it.  SERIOUSLY.... if we
> land on
> it big-time for a month, it will probably go on cool-ish after that, with
> only
> the odd problem thereafter.

I agree it will be need to be diligently covered, and I will volunteer to
make a greater presence there for the time being, if need be.  I also say
that there shouldn't be any dilly dallying, it's either a service, or it's
not.  And if it looks like a duck...

Again, either way, it's a rock and hard place.  At least with this option (a
services forum) we can say we tried.  If it fails miserably, proves to be
too much, then we can ax all threads, and say we gave it a shot.