[bbDev] bbpress will not login if I configure it to use wordpress user and pass cookies

0 1 primate.code at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 19:35:17 GMT 2006

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your assistance.  I am still having an issue with users
status being incorrectly set to inactive.  See below.

> > Michael,
> >
> > added
> > require_once "../wp-config.php";  (I initially thought WP_BB might
> > include this)
> > to config.php
>
> Yes, you must do this yourself.  bbPress can't knew exactly where wp-
> config will be on each setup.

That Makes sense. Perhaps it would be helpful to add this to your fine
config.php example at
http://bbpress.org/blog/2006/09/simpler-integration-with-wordpress .

> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: do_action_ref_array() in
> > /home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/beta/forums/bb-includes/
> > capabilities.php
> > on line 250
>
> Thanks.  That's a new WP core function but only exists in trunk.
> I've added it into pluggable.php to avoid this situation.
>
> > There is an issue with posting:
> > bbpress shows the users (admin) as Inactive.  This lets me login, but
> > I cannot post since the post form is hidden.
>
> You must have integrated an old bbPress install with WP (that is, you
> must have run the bbPress install script before integrating the
> two).  If that's the case, none of your bbPress users exist anymore
> (they're not defined in WP's user table), and your admin account is
> inactive.  To fix your admin account, you'll have to change the usermeta
>
> bb_capabilities = a:1:{s:8:"inactive";b:1;}

> bb_capabilities = a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}
>
> for your admin account.  (Where 'bb_' is your $bb_table_prefix.)

Adjusting that did resolve the Inactive issue for the admin user. BUT..

I am still having an issue with users being marked inactive when they
access bbpres for the first time.  Their initial bb_capabilities value
in the wp_usermeta table is always set to:

a:1:{s:8:"inactive";b:1;}

If I manually adjust the value as you suggest above it resolved the issue.

This behavior is the same for the existing wordpress users or for new
users who register through the wordpress interface.  If I register a
users through the bbpress interface things work as expected; their
initial bb_capabilities value in the wp_usermeta table is set to:

a:1:{s:6:"member";b:1;}

> As for your other users, there is a script I wrote here: http://
> bbpress.automattic.com/ticket/429
> to import bb users into WP.  You need to save it as test.php and save
> it into the main directory of your bbPress install.  Browse to it and
> obey the following rules (it will not check that you obey the rules,
> but if you don't all your data will be eaten).
>
> If a bb user has the same login as a WP user, you must map those
> users to one another.
>
> Each WP user may only appear ONCE in the right hand column.
>
> I've tried this out on one site and it worked with only one hitch
> (some user was overwritten that shouldn't have been).  Anyway, if you
> choose to run it, be careful and BACK EVERYTHING UP!

I did not have any existing bbpress users, so I have not tried your bb
to wp import utility

Thanks again!