[bbDev] bbpress will not login if I configure it to use wordpress user and pass cookies

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Thu Sep 21 17:35:58 GMT 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 1:33 PM, 0 1 wrote:

> Michael,
>
> added
> require_once "../wp-config.php";  (I initially thought WP_BB might
> include this)
> to config.php

Yes, you must do this yourself.  bbPress can't knew exactly where wp-
config will be on each setup.

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: do_action_ref_array() in
> /home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/beta/forums/bb-includes/
> capabilities.php
> on line 250

Thanks.  That's a new WP core function but only exists in trunk.
I've added it into pluggable.php to avoid this situation.

> There is an issue with posting:
> bbpress shows the users (admin) as Inactive.  This lets me login, but
> I cannot post since the post form is hidden.

You must have integrated an old bbPress install with WP (that is, you
must have run the bbPress install script before integrating the
two).  If that's the case, none of your bbPress users exist anymore
(they're not defined in WP's user table), and your admin account is
inactive.  To fix your admin account, you'll have to change the usermeta

bb_capabilities = a:1:{s:8:"inactive";b:1;}

bb_capabilities = a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}

for your admin account.  (Where 'bb_' is your $bb_table_prefix.)

As for your other users, there is a script I wrote here: http://
bbpress.automattic.com/ticket/429
to import bb users into WP.  You need to save it as test.php and save
it into the main directory of your bbPress install.  Browse to it and
obey the following rules (it will not check that you obey the rules,
but if you don't all your data will be eaten).

If a bb user has the same login as a WP user, you must map those
users to one another.

Each WP user may only appear ONCE in the right hand column.

I've tried this out on one site and it worked with only one hitch
(some user was overwritten that shouldn't have been).  Anyway, if you
choose to run it, be careful and BACK EVERYTHING UP!

Michael