[bbDev] Looking for honest, dream-dashing opinions

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Thu Aug 18 20:57:58 GMT 2005

I think the DB structure is pretty well locked down now.  I've been
tossing around the idea of forummeta[1], but I'm not sure how useful
it would be.  Regardless, adding a new table is an easy upgrade.

So I'm wondering if people think bbPress is ready to see an install
script.

A couple things:  "Yes, it would make my installation so much easier,
I've been having problems getting it set up" is not super
informative; *everyone* wants their own site to work :)  Also, the
inclusion of an install script is in *no way* a sign that bbPress is
ready to be deployed live anywhere.  Alpha blah blah own risk etc.
will still apply.  Anyone thinking otherwise will probably see their
site crumble a time or two.  I certainly have.

So, with the ever present "This will delete all your data, break your
mind and suck out your soul" warning, is there any disadvantage to
including an install script at this stage of the game?

Michael
--mdawaffe

[1] http://mdawaffe.wordpress.com/2005/08/18/you-can-count-on-bbpress/