[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61777: Windows defender Trojan error for wp-includes\dist\block-library\style.min.css

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 27 21:04:49 UTC 2024

#61777: Windows defender Trojan error for wp-includes\dist\block-
library\style.min.css
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  aka1337                    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  new
Changes (by Otto42):

 * component:  Security => Editor

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:61777 aka1337]:
 > Looking at the css content of this file on your github
 (https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/master/wp-includes/css/dist
 /block-library/style.min.css), I can see that this version is referring to
 external sources at
 > {{{www.w3.org}}}
 > but over {{{http://}}}
 > instead of {{{ https://}}}
 >
 > Windows defender might have an issue with that.

 Thank you for the report, however, that is not how XML namespaces actually
 work. There is a reason for it to be HTTP only.

 Basically, it is not a URL, it is a namespace identifier. Changing it to
 have the s in there, breaks the identifier, and essentially breaks the
 reason for having it in the first place.

 I'm sure that they will realize this upstream, but just to inform you,
 this fix will not work and will not happen.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61777#comment:3>