[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61777: Windows defender Trojan error for wp-includes\dist\block-library\style.min.css

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 27 07:51:50 UTC 2024

#61777: Windows defender Trojan error for wp-includes\dist\block-
library\style.min.css
 Reporter:  aka1337       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Security      |    Version:  6.6.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-screenshots
  Focuses:                |
 Hi there,

 Just downloaded and unpacked the latest version (6.6.1) from
 https://wordpress.org/download/ and windows defender removed wp-
 includes\dist\block-library\style.min.css stating it was a trojan.

 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/lV0VFPh.png)]]

 I'm running Windows 11 Pro for Workstations version 10.0.22631 Build
 22631.

 Looking at the css content of this file on your github
 (https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/master/wp-includes/css/dist
 /block-library/style.min.css), I can see that this version is referring to
 external sources at
 {{{www.w3.org}}}
 but over {{{http://}}}
 instead of {{{ https://}}}

 Windows defender might have an issue with that.
 I copied the raw code from github into a new file on my computer but
 manually changed http to https before saving the file.

 Then I ran a new scan in Defender and it no longer found any threats.