[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55486: register_block_type_from_metadata does NOT work within a theme but as a plugin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 30 01:02:26 UTC 2022

#55486: register_block_type_from_metadata does NOT work within a theme but as a
plugin
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  andre3600         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  General           |    Version:  5.9.2
 Severity:  minor             |   Keywords:  needs-refresh
  Focuses:  coding-standards  |
 I created a wordpress block and it guides me to the official documentation
 and it came to work as an external plugin, taking into account the
 architecture of block.json for its use, however it has not worked for me
 when the block is required to be integrated into a theme, delivery wrong
 path request looking in plugin folder plus adding another path.

 example error peticion

 https://domain.local/wp-content/plugins/D:/xampp/htdocs/wp-
 content/themes/NewsPaper/inc/gutenberg/myblock/index.js?ver=d395fe5d9d90bd6565685c91d8d38888