[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53232: Add async decoding attribute as default to the HTML image tags generated by WordPress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 16 07:32:58 UTC 2022

#53232: Add async decoding attribute as default to the HTML image tags generated by
WordPress
 Reporter:  isaumya                   |       Owner:  adamsilverstein
     Type:  feature request           |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by isaumya):

 Hi @adamsilverstein,
 I looked at your PR in GitHub and just have one question. So, when these
 changes are applied will it also work on images added by Gutenberg blocks
 like the image block, gallery block, cover block, etc.
 The reason I am asking this is that I saw that the changes have been made
 in `media.php` under `wp-includes` and within `tests`. But did not see any
 changes in the Gutenberg files.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53232#comment:46>