[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55751: get_the_posts_navigation() is using incorrect functions to output navigation links

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 7 15:53:41 UTC 2022

#55751: get_the_posts_navigation() is using incorrect functions to output
navigation links
 Reporter:  jongycastillo             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by geisthanen):

 I understand this is confusing but the logic behind next and previous is
 inverse if you consider we are looking everything from a descending optic.

 {{{get_next_posts_link()}}} usually points to older entries (toward the
 end of the set), hence in order to navigate back the label should be
 {{{get_previous_posts_link()}}} usually points to newer entries (toward
 the beginning of the set). hence in order to navigate back the label
 should be Newer Posts.

 The filters you mentioned are applied to those functions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55751#comment:9>