[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54939: When a block theme is active, add Site Editor link and notice to the Customizer UI

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 4 11:16:58 UTC 2022

#54939: When a block theme is active, add Site Editor link and notice to the
Customizer UI
 Reporter:  ironprogrammer                       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by Clorith):

 I wonder if this should perhaps not be a 5.9.x ticket, but a future
 enhancement for the next major at this point, I have a few reasons for
 this thought process.

 Introducing multiple new strings to a short-circuit minor release puts
 unnecessary pressure on translators.

 Minors should (specifically for a rapid cycle release, as 5.9.1 appears to
 be), in my opinion, not be for enhancements, but for security and bugfixes
 with the most recent release. This is of course at the discretion of the
 release leads.

 Given that this is aimed specifically at full site editing-enabled themes,
 if a user finds them selves in the Customizer at this point, it's because
 they're looking to make changes that is not supported within the FSE
 interface, throwing a notice in here to push them away may then lead to
 confusion, and a more circular navigation behavior where the user is
 thrown back and forth between interfaces.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54939#comment:8>