[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54088: Uploading media containing Norwegian letter å does not automatically readjust it to become aa.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 9 18:20:24 UTC 2021

#54088: Uploading media containing Norwegian letter å does not automatically
readjust it to become aa.
------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  paaljoachim                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by paaljoachim):

 Hei Knut. Thank you for adding the additional information!

 My name is Paal (Us spelling would be Paul). Same spelling as my father.
 In modern Norway Paal is spelled Pål. So the alternative to using å is
 usually aa. If I write Norwegian with an English keyboard I would use the
 aa instead of å.

 I agree the main thing here is making it work properly for filenames.
 I would prefer a conversion of å to aa but if there is "a lot" of
 resistance to aa than a single a would also be totally fine.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54088#comment:9>