[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54080: Dashboard > My Sites could use a list table for displaying the list of sites

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 7 14:48:43 UTC 2021

#54080: Dashboard > My Sites could use a list table for displaying the list of
sites
 Reporter:  henry.wright                         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  new
  needs-patch                                    |
Changes (by johnjamesjacoby):

 * keywords:   => needs-screenshots 2nd-opinion needs-patch
 * version:   => 3.0
 * type:  defect (bug) => feature request

Comment:

 +1 from me.

 This screen is a holdover from the original WordPress.com need for
 exposing users to the concept that they have access to multiple sites.
 This screen was a first-pass attempt at a more friendly "cards" like UI.

 WordPress.com has heavily guided users towards their custom central
 dashboard experience for a few years now, so it is relatively safe to
 change, but it is still possible to access this core "My Sites" page
 there.

 I can imagine this screen going 1 of 2 directions:

 * Abandoning cards and using the list table, like you suggest
 * Doubling down on cards and including more useful information and links,
 like Plugins

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54080#comment:1>