[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54229: Make dashboard widget control submit text filterable or change to "Save changes"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 7 09:42:16 UTC 2021

#54229: Make dashboard widget control submit text filterable or change to "Save
changes"
----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by knutsp):

 Replying to [comment:3 zodiac1978]:

 > Filtering the string via gettext would change all the places, or not? Or
 how could I limit the change to this one occurrence?

 As with any hooked functios you can detect where you are in the function,
 or add the filter on another hook just before needed. I have not tested
 this exact case yet, but I do a lot of such conditional replacements since
 same English word may have to be translated to different words in output
 language.

 Adding a context to this translatable string is the best way, IMO.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54229#comment:4>