[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54229: Make dashboard widget control submit text filterable or change to "Save changes"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 7 08:38:46 UTC 2021

#54229: Make dashboard widget control submit text filterable or change to "Save
changes"
----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by zodiac1978):

 Replying to [comment:2 knutsp]:
 > All translatable texts are already filterable, I presume.

 You are right, but even if we can filter via
 [https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/gettext/ gettext] this is
 not a good solution IMHO.

 There is more than one occurrence of the string "Submit" in core:
 > wp-includes/js/dist/block-editor.js:34172
 > wp-includes/js/dist/block-editor.js:35432
 > wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php:245
 > wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php:1374
 > wp-admin/setup-config.php:252
 See:
 https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/dev/de/default/?filters%5Bstatus%5D=either&filters%5Boriginal_id%5D=510&filters%5Btranslation_id%5D=84288

 Filtering the string via gettext would change all the places, or not? Or
 how could I limit the change to this one occurrence?

 And there is no
 [https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/internationalization/how-to-
 internationalize-your-plugin/#disambiguation-by-context context] used on
 those strings, which could be used.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54229#comment:3>