[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54221: _transient_dirsize_cache is set to autoload=yes and kills db performance if it grows (20MB in our case)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 5 19:54:03 UTC 2021

#54221: _transient_dirsize_cache is set to autoload=yes and kills db performance if
it grows (20MB in our case)
--------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by archon810):

 I also looked at why our mysqldump backups broke a couple of days ago:

 {{{
 Error 2020: Got packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' when dumping table
 `wp_options` at row: 459
 }}}

 Now I understand why... the option is probably so big that it actually
 breaks mysqldump or mysql.

 This got me thinking, and not that we're in danger here yet, but if this
 field reaches 4GB, it'll actually hit the longtext max. WP will probably
 explode long before then though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54221#comment:4>