[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42979: Draw "dismiss" icon in upload errors in the error div, not after the action title

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 15 22:58:19 UTC 2021

#42979: Draw "dismiss" icon in upload errors in the error div, not after the action
title
 Reporter:  ComputerGuru             |       Owner:  joedolson
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  needs-design-feedback              |  administration

Comment (by joedolson):

 @ComputerGuru The goal here is to make the minimum change for maximum
 benefit; after commit, I'd suggest adding new tickets for additional
 changes. WordPress 5.9 closes for changes tomorrow, so making this a
 larger change pretty much guarantees it won't happen in this cycle.

 I'd argue that the fundamental problem is that the 'uploading' heading may
 not be the best contextual descriptor for the content it describes; it's
 probably better as 'Upload Status', or something to that effect.

 But mostly I think that changing from the 'x' icon to 'Dismiss errors'
 satisfies the bulk of the problem with context: it makes clear that you're
 only dismissing errors and not other ongoing events.

 @shaunandrews Definitely in favor of greater simplification, though I
 think that we should avoid using default button styles; that doesn't seem
 consistent with the rest of the core WordPress design. It should probably
 use '.button', at a minimum.  Thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42979#comment:32>