[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54229: Make dashboard widget control submit text filterable or change to "Save changes"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 3 01:03:33 UTC 2021

#54229: Make dashboard widget control submit text filterable or change to "Save
changes"
-------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by knutsp):

 I'm all for better semantics and wording, where possible. "Save Changes"
 when that is what happens, especially settings or options that can be
 changed again later. "Submit" in cases where the input is just collected
 for processing or the result is more complicated or unclear - like in a
 setup process.

 I'm all for string context, but keep same string/context across similar
 functions. "Dashboard Widget" should be (part of) the context of what this
 ticket focuses.

 I'm not comfortable with adding special text filters here and there, as
 this ticket originally suggested, when we already have `_x()` - just make
 it work. I'm not sure about removing "Submit" from all over the codebase.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54229#comment:13>