[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53159: Media aren't attached if uploaded from libray and are attached if uploaded from post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 6 06:58:14 UTC 2021

#53159: Media aren't attached if uploaded from libray and are attached if uploaded
from post
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ellimstom                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by ellimstom):

 Hi @desrosj,

 I guess I'm in block editor, but I don't really use it because I installed
 a page builder. I discovered this by adding a feature image from backend
 (see
 screenshot).[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oL7sCsOv2zNd3o221pWMSEwxuDkcCCZv/view?usp=sharing]

 The same occurs while adding product image in Woocommerce where there is
 no block editor (only classic editor).

 I understand that originally, the attached status just signified that an
 image was uploaded to a post, but it is far better to know whether or not
 an image is not attached and so unnecessary in filesystem (a lot less
 images to deal with when you have hundreds). Maybe there is a media
 library improvement scheduled...

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53159#comment:2>