[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52893: Not possible to filter by category (and/or date) and by author in wp-admin/edit.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 23 20:01:51 UTC 2021

#52893: Not possible to filter by category (and/or date) and by author in wp-
admin/edit.php
 Reporter:  rafaelatias  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 Hello

 == The problem
 Currently, **in the Posts screen (some.url/wp-admin/edit.php)** I can
 filter posts by category and/or date. However, that screen shows posts
 written by other authors.

 Then, **if I click on my own author to filter out the posts by different
 authors, the filter by category and/or date is lost**.

 == Expected behavior
 When the user clicks on the author, the Posts screen should show the
 **posts list filtered by category, date AND author as well**.

 == Additional information
 In the Posts screen, the link address in my author is **some.url/wp-
 admin/edit.php?post_type=post&author=authorId**. So, the filter by author
 is lost because **the actual url parameters for month and category are not
 being kept in that link address**.

 However, if in my browser's address bar I add at the end of the url the
 parameter '&author=' and my author's id, **I get the page keeping the
 filter by category and/or date AND by author as well**.

 Thus, WordPress knows how to handle this request, but **there is no way to
 do it from the Posts screen UI**.