[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a long time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 21 18:36:57 UTC 2021

#49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a
long time
 Reporter:  vincenthasselgard        |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  accepted
  patch needs-design-feedback        |  ui-copy

Comment (by MattyRob):

 From a user experience of using the plugin page - what are we going to
 expect blog owners and admins to do when they see this message?

 Presumably, there are three main options open to them:
 1/ Disable and deactivate the plugin and loose whatever functionality it
 gave them.
 2/ Disable the plugin and try to find a suitable replacement.
 3/ Ignore the message if the plugin is vital and there are no suitable
 replacements.

 In the case of the third option should we not be including some kind of
 logic to allow the nag message to be hidden when a site users has seen it
 and decided to do nothing about it?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49151#comment:55>