[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a long time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 19 14:48:25 UTC 2021

#49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a
long time
 Reporter:  vincenthasselgard        |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  accepted
  patch needs-design-feedback        |  ui-copy

Comment (by stuffradio):

 Replying to [comment:51 helen]:
 > Taking a look here - I have some issues and am going to punt this for
 the moment (it can be brought back if we feel super strongly about it):

 > * The "Last updated" date is a little misleading because it's when the
 item was last updated on .org, but within the site health context it reads
 like when the item was last updated on your site. Presumably for many
 sites those are the same thing, but I don't think that's universally the
 case enough that we can phrase it this way.
 > * I still would like for the full date to be available
 somewhere/somehow, whether displayed as a parenthetical or using something
 like `abbr` to make it available in another way (whatever is semantic and
 accessible, of course).
 > * If we're looking at this as a piece of information to help site admins
 decide what can be cleaned up based on inactivity, it is impossible to
 scan in this format and I am not sure line breaks would help much if they
 can even be added. Adding it only to site health feels just informational
 and not actionable.

 > I think I'd like to see some exploration about how to enable the
 workflow that I think is being described here, which is a site admin who
 is reviewing/managing plugins based on whether it's been kept updated. I
 agree that adding banners/notices inline in the full list view is probably
 going to end up overwhelming and ignored, but maybe there's an alternative
 like an "Outdated" filter or something like that.

 What if there was a "Screen Options" available here where it could be
 toggled?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49151#comment:53>