[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52748: Hold the menu hover left border, on the active admin menu on the top of the background color.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 10 07:17:03 UTC 2021

#52748: Hold the menu hover left border, on the active admin menu on the top of the
background color.
 Reporter:  reachmazharul                        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |     Status:  new
                                                 |  Review
Component:  General                              |    Version:  5.7
 Severity:  normal                               |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility, administration,   |
  performance                                    |
 The latest version of WordPress comes with the hover/active bar on the
 left side. This is a great implementation,  and it will add the cherry on
 the top of the user experience.

 In addition to that, there is a slight improvement that might be needed to
 make is fruitful the whole experience. The implement is the scenario of
 perspective.

 Suppose, I am on the Settings Page, by default, it has a hover active
 background color. If I move the cursor to the active menu then a white bar
 will appear on the left. But this white left bar should be on all time as
 I am on this menu and it's active.

 Video of the whole scenario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLNDc0ztark