[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53432: Fatal error during update to 5.8 of a site with an active Gutenberg plugin (version less than 10.7)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 27 23:47:02 UTC 2021

#53432: Fatal error during update to 5.8 of a site with an active Gutenberg plugin
(version less than 10.7)
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  oglekler                   |       Owner:  hellofromTonya
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by peterwilsoncc):

 Replying to [comment:17 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > 1. Could the function be named `deactivated_plugins_notice()` (without
 the `wp_` prefix), for consistency with `paused_plugins_notice()` and
 `paused_themes_notice()`?

 OK, I've marked the function private, should I prefix with an underscore
 to indicate that?

 > 2. I think the option does not need the `wp_` prefix either, as none of
 the other core options have it, with `wp_page_for_privacy_policy` being a
 single exception.

 I'd rather prefix more for things in the table. The roles option uses the
 database prefix so I'd really prefer to keep it even though WP hasn't been
 great in the past.

 > 3. Should the option be added to `populate_options()` for new installs?

 Yes, I'll add that.

 Replying to [comment:18 prbot]:
 > {{{#!comment
 > 868848843
 > }}}
 > [https://github.com/azaozz azaozz] commented on
 [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/pull/1431#issuecomment-868848843 PR #1431]:

 > Looks good imho. Just trying to think if there might be something
 unexpected on multisite installs, or if this should be disabled there.

 I'll test on a multisite install today both with the plugin site and
 network activated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53432#comment:19>