[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53432: Fatal error during update to 5.8 of a site with an active Gutenberg plugin (version less than 10.7)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 21 18:33:12 UTC 2021

#53432: Fatal error during update to 5.8 of a site with an active Gutenberg plugin
(version less than 10.7)
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  oglekler                     |       Owner:  hellofromTonya
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by desrosj):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch commit => has-screenshots needs-
               patch

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:12 hellofromTonya]:
 > I agree it would be a better user experience than silently deactivating
 the plugin. How about if that work is moved to a new ticket?

 I think that a new ticket is beneficial for solving this longer term.
 However, I think we should solve this near term for this specific instance
 on this ticket.

 Adding `needs-patch` so someone can take a pass at this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53432#comment:13>