[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53384: External plugins who can auto-update are always listed under "auto-updates" disabled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 11 13:57:21 UTC 2021

#53384: External plugins who can auto-update are always listed under "auto-updates"
disabled
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  NekoJonez           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins             |    Version:  5.7.2
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
 On my site, I have four plugins who can auto-update yet in the plugin
 screen they are shown under "auto-updates disabled".

 I think it would be better if those come under a list that has the name:
 "external updating" or something of that nature. OR a way for devs to tell
 WP their plugins can auto update so it doesn't appear on that list...?

 In it's current implementation, it can give the wrong idea to a site
 admin.