[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47120: Media modals: Upload errors and field information are not associated with their control

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 12 00:00:11 UTC 2021

#47120: Media modals: Upload errors and field information are not associated with
their control
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                           |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 Great! makes sense that delay would work better, defer may not pick up the
 activity happening in the screen reader, outside the browser. I'll give
 this another test to see how it works for my setup.

 @poena Excellent, thank you for testing! If you can, please test the
 latest patch version and see if the behavior is improved for you.

 > I think we should commit this using _.delay; if we can find a better
 solution later, that's fine, but this appears to work in *most* cases.

 +1 to committing this, certainly improves the situation. Do you think in
 the future browser or screen reader APIs might improve the situation here?
 If so, maybe add a code comment here that explains the delay could
 possibly be removed in the future.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47120#comment:69>