[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47120: Media modals: Upload errors and field information are not associated with their control

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 11 23:27:01 UTC 2021

#47120: Media modals: Upload errors and field information are not associated with
their control
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                           |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by joedolson):

 * keywords:  wpcampus-report has-patch needs-testing => wpcampus-report
     has-patch commit

Comment:

 In testing, I didn't find that adding an argument to _.defer did anything
 - and reading the documentation, it doesn't seem like it *should* have
 done anything; did you also switch from `_.defer` to `_.delay`,
 @adamsilverstein?

 Regardless, I did testing both ways, using JAWS/Chrome, JAWS/Firefox,
 NVDA/Chrome and NVDA/Firefox, and found that using `delay` was a lot more
 consistent - it seemed to be generally read in numerous situations where
 the deferred function wasn't.

 I find delay to be less elegant; it's just a magic number delay that one
 hopes will work, where defer should wait until the call stack is clear,
 but in practice, it seems to work a lot better.

 I think we should commit this using `_.delay`; if we can find a better
 solution later, that's fine, but this appears to work in *most* cases.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47120#comment:67>