[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53658: Display a user-facing message when the application passwords functionality is not available

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 17 15:51:09 UTC 2021

#53658: Display a user-facing message when the application passwords functionality
is not available
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion                      |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:11 david.binda]:
 > Seeing a message suggesting that HTTPS is not enabled while accessing
 wp-admin via https, and suggestions on how to setup my development
 environment while checking production site, might feel confusing, at
 least.

 > In my humble opinion, the new message on missing support for the
 application passwords should be more finely targeted. Possibly by
 performing the same checks as `wp_is_application_passwords_available` is
 doing ( `$available = is_ssl() || 'local' === wp_get_environment_type();`
 ), just without additional filters.

 Good catch! Seems like we can just use
 `wp_is_application_passwords_available()` though, instead of duplicating
 the checks?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53658#comment:12>