[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53092: Extraneous "Users" appear in my list of users and I am unable to delete them.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 26 17:31:40 UTC 2021

#53092: Extraneous "Users" appear in my list of users and I am unable to delete
them.
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  gossat2tubs   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * keywords:  needs-design-feedback =>
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * status:  new => closed
 * component:  General => Users
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi there, welcome to WordPress Trac! Thanks for the report.

 I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your website. Please note
 that this Trac is used for enhancements and bug reporting for the
 WordPress core software, not for individual support questions.

 Extraneous users that cannot be deleted generally mean that the site was
 hacked, most likely via a plugin or theme vulnerability, though there's no
 way to tell with certainty in advance.

 Please follow the steps outlined in the
 [https://wordpress.org/support/article/faq-my-site-was-hacked/ FAQ My site
 was hacked] support article, or try the support forums to get help with
 your site: https://wordpress.org/support/forums/.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53092#comment:1>