[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after update to version 5.6, 5.6.1, 5.6.2, and 5.7.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 14 18:55:51 UTC 2021

#52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after
update to version 5.6, 5.6.1, 5.6.2, and 5.7.
 Reporter:  spikeuk1      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by Howdy_McGee):

 I've installed a fresh version of WordPress 5.7 with the Classic Editor
 plugin installed ( no other plugins, Twenty Twenty One Theme ) and did not
 run into any of the described issues.

 Windows 10
 Firefox 87.0
 Edge 89.0
 Chrome 89.0

 PHP 7.3.12
 PHP 8.0.3

 I've tried publishing new posts and switching between Visual/Text, Saving
 Drafts, built-in Pages, built-in Posts, Custom Post Type, leaving the
 post, and coming back to edit the published or draft. All of which
 functioned as expected. I didn't run into any issues of the editor
 freezing, content disappearing, or refusing to display text.

 Could there be a common Browser Extension, Theme, or other Plugin
 interfering with how TinyMCE should be displaying?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52111#comment:30>