[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after update to version 5.6, 5.6.1, 5.6.2, and 5.7.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 8 12:28:58 UTC 2021

#52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after
update to version 5.6, 5.6.1, 5.6.2, and 5.7.
 Reporter:  spikeuk1      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by spikeuk1):

 Replying to [comment:26 floriantactisens]:
 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > I am still stuck with this issue even when I use the JQuery Migrate
 Helper plugin (either set to "Wordpress default" or "Legacy 1.12.4-wp")
 > I can no longer add or modify articles or pages since every time I
 switch from the visual to text tab on the classical editor it adds this
 code :
 > "<span data-mce-type="bookmark" style="display: inline-block; width:
 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;"
 class="mce_SELRES_start"></span><span data-mce-type="bookmark"
 style="display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height:
 0;" class="mce_SELRES_start"></span>"

 > Does anyone have news on this issue?
 >
 > I am still on 5.6.2 version for now.
 >
 > Thanks in advance,
 > Florian

 Thank you for the comment (and bumping my ticket up the pile ;-) ), but I
 believe that the symptoms, cause, and probably fix for your problem is not
 the same as the issue that this ticket was raised for.
 You would be better off creating another ticket as this one seems doomed
 to never be looked at :(
 Spike

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52111#comment:27>