[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51642: Application Passwords option not showing up on localhost on the user profile page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 27 13:43:03 UTC 2020

#51642: Application Passwords option not showing up on localhost on the user
profile page
 Reporter:  tijmensmit    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by georgestephanis):

 So it feels like this is surfacing some issues with bad data being
 returned by the environment type check.

 In this specific instance, it's because your constant is set to an invalid
 value -- so it's falling back to "production".

 If you configure the constant to "local" it will work.

 https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/blob/1a0a55df8ca3576de2fe4eddafbbfab82abe682b/src/wp-
 includes/load.php#L229-L237

 I'm wondering if we should add in some code to `wp_get_environment_type`
 that mimics some of the logic already sorted out in Jetpack here:

 https://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/blob/e401719b7989df671cb56d16f2320d478e81ad69/packages/status/src
 /class-status.php#L115-L240

 to identify a local environment, if the constant is either not defined, or
 doesn't match one of the valid values.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51642#comment:1>