[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51631: Refactor Layout of the Menu screens to avoid dual-buttons and responsive issues.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 26 06:11:41 UTC 2020

#51631: Refactor Layout of the Menu screens to avoid dual-buttons and responsive
issues.
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse                      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |     Status:  new
                                                 |  Review
Component:  Menus                                |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                               |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility, css,              |
  administration                                 |
 This ticket is split from #49576 to further investigate improvements on
 the responsive layout of the Menu screens, and hopefully avoid dual
 primary buttons in close proximity.

 Quoting specific discussion points below.

 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49576?replyto=16#comment
 comment#16 by @afercia]:
 > When a menu with items nested by 2-3 levels is set, this page responsive
 behavior is pretty different and basically breaks for viewport widths
 between about 950 / 782 pixels. This is a pre-existing issue unrelated to
 this patch. Just to note that this page has more serious, long-standing,
 layout issues that would require a major refactoring. In a separate ticket
 :)

 [https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/CQ7V4966Q/p1598560491097900
 slackComment by @helen]:

 slackDiscussion from @kburgoine]
 >This was discussed during the #core-css triage meeting and the question
 was asked if we needed to keep both Create Menu buttons? Or if we could
 remove one?