[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51742: Core auto-updates UI: disable checkbox when filter or constant takes precedent on the option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 12 19:40:47 UTC 2020

#51742: Core auto-updates UI: disable checkbox when filter or constant takes
precedent on the option
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  audrasjb                          |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by karmatosed):

 @helen I like those iterations. Good point about taking it away from
 personal to site specfic, alinging it with other strings is important.

 My only ponder is the long sentnace link, but it's not a deal breaker for
 me:

 {{{
 Switch to automatic updates for maintenance and security release only
 }}}

 Potentially I'd iteration to:

 {{{
 This site is automatically kept up-to-date with each new version of
 WordPress. <a>Switch to automatic updates</a> for maintenance and security
 release only.

 This site is automatically kept up-to-date with maintenance and security
 releases of WordPress. <a>Enable automatic updates</a> for all new
 versions of WordPress.
 }}}

 I would +1 those string changes as we can get them in for beta then.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51742#comment:33>