[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49711: Twenty Twenty: Add gradient background options that fit the theme color scheme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 1 07:00:24 UTC 2020

#49711: Twenty Twenty: Add gradient background options that fit the theme color
scheme
 Reporter:  ianbelanger                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  design-feedback                                |

Comment (by Anlino):

 👋 I think the gradients used looks good, but I'm assuming we'd need to
 tie them into the custom accent color and the main background color, so
 the colors chosen in the Customizer are reflected in the gradient
 backgrounds as well. I don't think there's support for getting lighter or
 darker versions of the accent color currently, so we're (currently)
 limited to using the five colors used in the color palette (Accent,
 Primary, Secondary, Subtle Background, Background) for the gradients.

 On the technical side of things, that means the {{{gradient}}} value in
 the {{{editor-gradient-presets}}} array would need to be updated to use
 the colors from {{{twentytwenty_get_color_for_area()}}}, and the front-end
 output in  {{{twentytwenty_get_customizer_css()}}} would need to be
 updated with output of CSS for the gradient classes when the colors set in
 the Customizer differ from the defaults.
 {{{twentytwenty_get_elements_array()}}}, which is used to define which
 colors to apply to which selectors and properties in the custom CSS,
 doesn't support multiple colors used in combination, so the gradient
 custom CSS would probably need to be added directly in the front-end
 section of {{{twentytwenty_get_customizer_css()}}}.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49711#comment:8>