[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50349: Plugin Update deletes plugin and showing "could not delete old plugin" message.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 9 16:54:11 UTC 2020

#50349: Plugin Update deletes plugin and showing "could not delete old plugin"
message.
 Reporter:  apedog        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I just came across this on my local machine (Windows).

 I had a plugin directory open in vscode editor. I had also previously
 edited one of the files in that plugin (added {{{error_log}}}s in one of
 the functions for testing). I may or may not have had same file open with
 further unsaved changes (I don't know at this point).

 In the Plugins page I clicked the "update now" in the plugin row
 (directory was still open in vscode).
 The update resolved with a "Could not delete old plugin" error notice.
 However the plugin was removed and directory is left empty.