[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50281: It should be possible to select the heading text for site health check issues

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 6 14:50:26 UTC 2020

#50281: It should be possible to select the heading text for site health check
issues
 Reporter:  johnbillion   |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by afercia):

 > Are there ways to make the text inside a button user selectable?

 Hm to start, we should make sure to address inconsistencies across
 browsers. For example, Firefox uses `user-select: none;` for buttons in
 its default stylesheet. We should set it to `user-select: auto;`
 explicitly in a quick patch.

 Selecting the text is possible, in a way, but it's not that easy or
 intuitive. The mouse selection needs to start from ''outside'' the
 buttons. See attached aniamted GIF.

 We could try to add some padding to the headings, to make the selection
 start easier but that would also reduce the clickable area.

 I can't think of other ways off the top of my head. One option could be
 making the whole check text selectable by adding a "Copy" button like in
 the "Info" page at `site-health.php?tab=debug`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50281#comment:4>