[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50808: Plugins screen - The view 'Auto-updates Enabled' also counts not supported plugins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 30 15:09:55 UTC 2020

#50808: Plugins screen - The view 'Auto-updates Enabled' also counts not supported
plugins
------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  knutsp                  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by pbiron):

 Thanx for the feedback everyone.

 @afragen:
 > I think of Auto-updates disabled as those plugins that CAN be auto-
 updated, but the user chooses not to. In this case the auto-update isn't
 simply disabled, it's not present and not capable of being enabled.

 That is my initial thought as well.

 @dd32:
 >Additionally, to use the Active/Inactive case, we count plugins that
 can't be activated as Inactive

 But that point convinces me that the `unsupported` view is not necessary
 (at least for 5.5).

 I've also thought of another situation where a plugin could end up in
 `get_site_option( 'auto_update_plugins', array() )` even though updates
 aren't supported: a plugin that is in the .org repo (and hence supports
 updates) is has auto-updates enabled in the UI and then gets pulled from
 the repo.  so the situation I described as only impacting the few sites
 that had auto-updates enabled for non-updatable plugins prior to RC1 could
 actually happen to a larger group of sites.

 So, yeah, I think [attachment:"50808.diff"] is actually necessary (and
 works as expected).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50808#comment:11>