[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49262: Image cropping unresponsive when adding media into a post and then click on Edit Image

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 21 17:14:10 UTC 2020

#49262: Image cropping unresponsive when adding media into a post and then click on
Edit Image
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  antonioromano  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Media          |    Version:  5.3.2
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui             |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 I've found that sometimes the drag handles on the cropping tool do not
 move when dragged, they remain unresponsive and due to the dragging action
 it causes the media library to think you're dropping a new image into it
 to upload.

 It is complete unpredictable though. Sometimes it happens two or three
 times in a row. Sometimes less frequently.

 What I've notice is that It's only happening when adding media into a post
 and then click on "Edit Image". it works as expected when cropping images
 straight from the media library.

 Generally any action like closing the edit screen or clicking on a button
 (e.g. rotate or crop) fixes it but it is necessary to undo the last action
 and then crop the image again.

 I was able to locally re-produce the issue on a brand new "Hello World"
 instance without plugins enabled so it's definitely
 a core issue related to the last WordPress update to v.5.3.